|Gon, Lyn, Yun|
The Force Master (aka FM) is a ranged class that excels in dealing strong, continuous damage while offering moderate amounts of crowd control and utility. Using bangles to cast elemental projectiles, FMs effectively function as mobile "gunners" by relying on movement and positioning in order to kite around their enemies without compromising DPS. Within the lore of Blade and Soul, FMs epitomize the nature of duality, owing to their distinct fire and ice stances; which they use for damage and defense/utility, respectively. To walk the path of a Force Master, one must be wary of using the two stances together, lest they should accidentally cast the wrong spell at the wrong moment. In choosing a FM, you will find versatility and great damage potential, making you both an excellent party member and a capable solo player.
Compared to other classes, especially melee characters, Force Masters have a rather modest learning curve. Their fire attacks follow a fairly simple and straightforward pattern while their ice abilities only come into play when the situation calls for it. Although FMs can render themselves virtually immune to ranged attacks, they lack a repeatable block/counter at lower levels. Thus, most FMs prefer to outmaneuver their enemies either by freezing them in place or using a well-timed dodge to re-position themselves. Overall, FMs are typically considered to have an intermediate difficulty level of gameplay.
Force Masters use a resource called Focus to use their skills, represented by a series of circles beneath the HP bar. A Force Master has 10 units of Focus to spend. These will recover over time or by using certain skills that refill one's Focus.
Force Masters have two stances depending on what skills they use: Fire Mode or Frost Mode. Each stance has its own minor benefit to being in it, as well as skills that they can only use while in one or the other. For example, using Blazing Palm will switch you to Fire Mode, thus allowing you access to skills such as Blazing Wall and Short Fuse. Stances last ten seconds and are refreshed by using a skill that places you in a stance. The benefits are as follows:
- Fire Mode: Automatically apply a stack of Ember to any enemy that delivers a critical hit to you.
- Frost Mode: Automatically gain a five second buff that increases Defense by 10%. Using any Frost Mode skill will apply the buff again (including the skill that brought the Force Master into Frost Mode).
Later, Force Masters will need to familiarize themselves with the concept of Orbits. After gaining the Fire Fury and Frost Fury skills, the Force Master has a chance to generate Fire Orbits and Frost Orbits, which manifest as small, glowing red or blue orbs that float around the character. Each can be stacked up to three times and grant bonus effects to the character.
Fire Fury and Frost Fury are activated by scoring a critical hit with a Fire Mode or Frost Mode skill, respectively. Upon successfully landing a hit with either, it will generate the appropriate Orbit. Later on, other skills and upgrades for skills also generate Orbits.
Each Orbit lasts 30 seconds upon activation, and the timer is reset when you stack another one. For example, if you have 12 seconds left on a Frost Orbit, you can stack it again to go back to 30 seconds (with double the beneficial effects). However, once three Orbits of one element are stacked, you cannot reset the timer even by using Fire Fury or Frost Fury again, and thus must let it run out.
You can have both elements active at once for a max of simultaneous three Fire Orbits and three Frost Orbits. Benefits:
- Fire Orbit: When hit, inflicts 3%/6%/10% damage and 1 Ember on enemy.
- Frost Orbit: Recovers 1/2/3 Focus on hit. At 3 stacks, inflicts Chill on enemy when hit.
The following list is incomplete.
|Pulls a target in from a range and paralyzes them in the air in front of you for 4 seconds. It deals initial damage on use and more damage over time. The damage pierces the enemy's Defense.
|8||-1||2m||5x2m||Instant||30sec.||During Fire Mode only||Yes|
|Creates a fire wall on the ground that lasts five seconds and damages any enemy that steps into it.
If the enemy is farther away than 5 meters, Blazing Wall materializes two meters ahead of you; otherwise it comes right up on the enemy's current position. Using it during Phantom Grip puts it on top of the enemy as well.
Upon upgrading, Blazing Wall will stack Ember on every hit.
|10||-1||16m||Target||1.5sec.||30sec.||During Frost Mode only||Yes|
|A 1.5 second channel skill that afflicts a targeted enemy with Frost Prison. While affected by Frost Prison, the enemy cannot take any action, but they cannot be damaged. Lasts 8 seconds.
Frost Prison costs no Focus upon upgrading.
|10||-3||16m||Target||Instant||18sec.||During Fire Mode only||Yes|
|Deals damage over time to a targeted enemy for five seconds. At the end of this 5 seconds, it will explode all Ember stacks and remove them from the target, regardless of whether they still had more time remaining. The more stacks are applied, the more damage it will do.
Upon upgrading, you'll stack an extra Ember if you land a critical hit on an enemy with Short Fuse on them.
|-3||16m||Target||2.5sec.||24sec.||During Fire Mode only||Yes|
|Deals a large amount of damage and inflicts Burn.
Upon upgrading, costs 2 Focus instead of 3.
|24||0||16m||Target||Instant||36sec.||During Frost Mode only||Yes|
|Deals Cold damage to an enemy from a distance. Upon upgrading, Snowball's cooldown goes down to 30 seconds.
|Snowball Stage 3||0||16m||8m||Instant||30sec.||During Frost Mode only||Yes (Snowball)|
|Deals Cold damage to an enemy from a distance and chains to hit up to three enemies. Frost Tornado will pierce enemies' Parry.
When your first attack hits, target will be unable to use all Attack and Defense skills for four seconds.
|22||+3||16m||5m||Instant||30sec.||During Frost Mode only||Yes|
|Deals Cold damage to an enemy and an area around it. Upon upgrading, this skill deals additional damage to Frozen enemies.
|0||16m||Target||Instant||Instant||During Fire Mode only, upon critical Fire Mode skill||Yes|
|Fires five bolts of fire at the enemy, piercing Parry and generating one Flame Orbit.
When upgraded, does more damage, stacks Ember on each hit, and deals bonus damage to Burning enemies. Undiscovered: On Critical 5 uses can be used again.
|0||16m||Target||Instant||Instant||During Frost Mode only, upon critical Frost Mode skill||Yes|
|Fires five bolts of ice at the enemy, recovering Focus on each hit and generating one Ice Orbit.
This list is to make it easier to visualize the general skill setup of Force Masters.
- Blazing Palm (LMB), Dragonchar (2) [enters Fire Mode]
- Blazing Wall (V), Short Fuse (C), Fire Fury (F, upon critical hit)
- Frost Palm (RMB), Dragonwhorl (3) [enters Frost Mode]
- Frost Prison (V), Frost Fury (F, upon critical hit)
- Phantom Grip (4)
- Bolt Bash (1), Phantom Push (2), Blackout (3), Blazing Wall (V)
- while Dashing, Gliding, or Jumping
- Barrage (LMB)
- T = Tier. S = Stage. T1S1 means Tier 1, Stage 1 of a skill.
- [Hotkey] is the default hotkey of a skill. [LB] means left mouse button or left click. [RB] means right mouse button or right click.
- 1. 4 Second Stun Combo - Fire Version
-  T3S3 Artic Blast -> [RB] -> [LB] -> [X] Blaze Palm -> [RB] -> [LB] ->  -> [RB] -> [LB] -> 
- 2. 4 Second Stun Combo: Ice Version
-  T3S3 Artic Blast -> [LB] -> [RB] -> [X] Glacial Palm -> [LB] -> [RB] ->  -> [LB] -> [RB] -> 
- 3. Aerial Combo - Tab Version
- [Stun] or [Daze] -> [RB] -> [LB] -> [Tab]
- 4. Aerial Combo - Z Version
- [2 Chill] -> [Z] T2C2 Rising Flame ->  Phantom Grip ->  Drain OR  Flick -> [RB] -> 
- 5. Stun Phantom Grip Combo
- [2 Chill] ->  Phantom Grip ->  Drain OR  Flick -> [RB] -> 
- 6. SS Stun Phantom Grip Combo
-  Phantom Grip -> [SS] ->  Drain OR  Flick -> [RB] -> 
- 7. Meteor Grip Combo
- [V] T2C2 Firewall -> [RB] -> [LB] ->  Phantom Grip
- 8. Firewall Grip Combo
-  Phantom Grip -> [V] or [E] to change to fire stance, then [V]
Combining these basic combos can create an advance combo. The most common advanced combo is the Double Aerial Combo.
- Double Aerial Combo
- [4 Second Stun Combo] -> [Aerial Combo - Tab Version] -> [Z] -> [RB] ->  Aerial Grip -> [Wait 2 ticks] ->  Flick -> [LB] -> [C] -> [RB] -> [F] -> [F] -> [F]
The following screenshots were taken from the character creation screen at NA launch in 2016.
|Force Master Skills||Force Master Skill & Combo Introduction|
- Jin were able to be Force Masters until the second closed beta test in Korea.
|Assassin Blade Dancer Blade Master Destroyer Force Master|